Published On: Thu, Jul 23rd, 2020

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow | Football | Sport

Featured Offers

Legal Notice: Product prices and availability are subject to change. Visit corresponding website for more details. Trade marks & images are copyrighted by their respective owners.


Transfer news LIVE: The latest news, gossip and done deals ahead of the summer transfer window

  • Manchester United are as keen as ever on signing Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund
  • Chelsea must balance the books if they want to bring in Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen
  • Liverpool and Tottenham look set to miss out on Victor Osimhen
  • Everton could pull out of the race to sign Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg despite having made a £25m bid
  • Express Sport brings you the latest from the rest of the Premier League

Chelsea target £109m Gimenez

Chelsea have run the rule over Atletico Madrid defender Jose Gimenez as Frank Lampard thinks about how to ensure the Blues’ defensive frailties become a thing of the past.

The Telegraph report the west Londoners have been scouting the Uruguayan, who has a £109m release clause written into his contract.

Chelsea conceded five goals at Liverpool on Wednesday night and that’s just not good enough for a side with their ambitions.

And Lampard might work out a deal for Gimenez to bolster his defence ahead of a potential Premier League title tilt.

Transfer news LIVE

Transfer news LIVE: Chelsea have taken a close look at Jose Gimenez (Image: GETTY)

Liverpool hero delivers warning

Thiago Alcantara’s potential move to Liverpool might be bad news for Naby Keita, says former Anfield favourite Luis Garcia.

“That’s the thing [whether Thiago can fit in],” Garcia said. “If top players come to Liverpool and you have to move one of the ones that are moving at the moment, that’s not easy.

“If you see Keita, the way that Keita plays is similar to Thiago. The way they move, the place that they play is very similar.

“Keita is still adapting to the Premier League, are you going to move him from that place? [Georginio] Wijnaldum is also playing in this position sometimes.

“At the end it is not easy to bring in these top players, players that have experience and they come to Liverpool and have the chance to play many minutes, it’s not easy.”

Transfer news LIVE

Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool hero Luis Garcia has shared his fears for Naby Keita (Image: GETTY)

Man Utd decide Sancho price plan

Manchester United are prepared to pay up to £80m for Jadon Sancho as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer chases the Borussia Dortmund winger this summer.

The England international is United’s top transfer target as they look to strengthen ahead of a potential push for honours next season.

And The Independent report they are willing to go as high as £80m for the highly-rated Sancho, who started his career at Watford before moving on to Manchester City and then Dortmund.

United are, though, only prepared to pay £55m up front, with the rest to come from a series of clauses.

Transfer news LIVE

Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United would love to sign Jadon Sancho this summer (Image: GETTY)

Chelsea ready official Havertz bid

Chelsea are planning to make an official bid for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz in the coming days as Frank Lampard looks to bolster his squad further.

Sky Sports report Marina Granovskaia will talk money with the Bundesliga giants as the Blues seek to follow up the signings of Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech.

Chelsea have already agreed terms with Havertz, who has been compared to Lampard and former team-mate Michael Ballack.

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich had been interested in the Germany international but dropped out of the race to leave Chelsea with a clear run at Havertz.

Transfer news LIVE

Transfer news LIVE: Chelsea are preparing to bid for Kai Havertz (Image: GETTY)

Liverpool urged to seal deals

Liverpool must make signings this summer in order to avoid their rivals closing the gap on them, says former Premier League star Mark Schwarzer.

“Well the most obvious one is they’re talking about Adam Lallana possibly moving on, [Xherdan] Shaqiri obviously hasn’t played a lot of games, you wonder whether or not he sees his future still at Liverpool,” Schwarzer told Stadium Astro. “And automatically you need to try and replace and what you ideally would like to do is improve upon it, bring in even better quality players.

“But obviously with the current situation with the virus things have changed dramatically. I just hope that Liverpool are able to build, I hope they’re able to continue to add players to their squad.

“Listen, they’ve won the Premier League title, they won the Champions League last year, the attraction is there. It’s just whether or not they can compete with the rest of the teams around Europe to bring in some of the best-name players and it’s going to be a challenge for them, it’s a huge challenge.

“I wouldn’t say they’ll go backwards [if they don’t make signings], however the other teams will definitely catch up.”

Transfer news LIVE

Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool have been urged to bolster their squad this summer (Image: GETTY)

Four Man Utd signings

Gary Neville thinks Manchester United need to make four stellar signings in the summer transfer window to even think about coming second next season – with more needed if they want to think about challenging Premier League champions Liverpool.

“I don’t think this Manchester United team at this moment can challenge for the title next season,” Neville told Sky Sports.

“It needs more additions and more of the right additions.

“To be fair to Ole, in the time he has been at the club, I think the players he has brought in have improved his team enormously.

“I think that he needs three or four more of those as a minimum before he can even think about getting up into third or second place.”

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow (Image: GETTY)

Chelsea transfer challenge

Chelsea may be busy lighting up the transfer market with their quick business – but Marina Granovskaia faces the challenge of sticking within the club’s budget.

Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner have been signed with Kai Havertz next on the list, but The Athletic’s David Ornstein has declared that Abramovich is not personally funding the spree, meaning a number of sales are required, which could be diffcult to achieve due to the coronavirus crisis’ effect on football finance.

“It’s the responsibility of Marina Granovskaia to run Chelsea’s business,” Ornstein said on Tifo Podcast. “She has to balance the books.

“Chelsea have committed to complying with Financial Fair Play regulations. They do not want to rely on owner Roman Abramovich’s personal wealth. They want to run a sustainable model.

“She will have to get players out in a very difficult market. There are plenty of names at youth level and the more senior level that could raise income but it is a difficult market. That could be her biggest challenge this summer if they are to get their first-choice targets.

“Remember Chelsea had a transfer ban so they do have money in the bank and I would be quite confident they will get the targets that they want.

“They seem determined but a lot will depend on who they manage to get out of the door either first or at the same time.”

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow (Image: GETTY)

West Ham want Eze 

West Ham manager David Moyes is eyeing a summer raid on Queens Park Rangers for blossoming forward Eberechi Eze, according to the Evening Standard.

Having recruited Jarrod Bown and Tomas Soucek in January, Eze is next on Moyes’ wishlist having starred in the Championship for QPR.

The 22-year-old mustered 14 goals including a stunning strike on Wednesday night away at West Brom, and also laid on eight assists.

Now their London rivals want to pinch him away, with QPR valuing the starlet at around £20million but potentially set to have to accept less due to financial difficulties brought on by COVID-19.

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow (Image: GETTY)

Leeds done deal

Leeds United are set to announce their second transfer deal since winning the Championship title and securing promotion to the Premier League today.

Goalkeeper Illan Meslier, 20, is to sign a three-year deal and join from Lorient permanently for a fee in the region of £5million.

The Frenchman made 10 Championship appearances for the Whites in their triumphant campaign, including one in the 4-0 win over Charlton on Wednesday night before Marcelo Bielsa’s side lifted the trophy.

The highly-rated shot-stopper conceded just five goals in 11 games across all competitions, which included an FA Cup appearance against Arsenal, and may be the first-choice keeper for Leeds next season in the English top flight.

Liverpool exit imminent?

Divock Origi has sparked rumours over his long-term future at Liverpool after taking to the Anfield pitch alone after he and his team-mates lifted the Premier League trophy on Wednesday night.

The Reds striker, who came off the bench against Chelsea, left the dressing room celebrations to take to the pitch, staring silently towards the Kop for a few minutes after the Merseyside outfit’s final Premier League home match of the season.

Footage was then taken of the Belgian walking back down the tunnel to rejoin the rest of the jubilant Liverpool squad deep inside the bowels of Anfield.

Whether Origi simply wanted to savour the moment solo and reflect on a sublime 13 months for him and the team, or whether it is because he may not get another look at the Kop, remains to be seen.

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow (Image: TWITTER/@IanDoyleSport)

Mourinho to miss out on target

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho looks set to miss out on Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo despite murmurs Spurs were readying a big-money bid for the Italian.

Mourinho is said to be a big fan of the 21-year-old, who is under contract in Rome until 2024 and managed eight goals and two assists in 29 games this term.

Manchester United have also been linked to Zaniolo but Roma have made it clear the player is going nowhere.

Speaking this week, Zaniolo said on his Instagram account amid rumours he’s unhappy at the club: “It’s like when you fall in love: you feel good together, she brings out the best in you and you want to be seen with her. It’s the same thing. Really, I love this shirt.”

Man City’s Koulibaly advantage

Manchester City have an advantage over Manchester United in the battle to sign Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, it has been claimed.

Koulibaly is widely recognised as one of the best centre-halves across Europe having excelled for Serie A side Napoli over the past few years.

And according to Marca’s Chris Winterburn, the Red Devils will consider a summer approach for the Senegal international in the upcoming window because they are not totally convinced by the pairing of Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof.

But City, who are also keen on the £65million-rated defender, have the finances to beat United to his signature, it’s said.

He said: “If Koulibaly was available they would look into it, concerns over Lindelof and Maguire as a pairing.

“However, there will be competition for KK and it’s unlikely to be an auction United can win.”

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow (Image: GETTY)

EXCLUSIVE: Southampton want Lallana as Hojbjerg replacement

Southampton are aiming to replace the outgoing Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg by bringing Adam Lallana back to St Mary’s.

Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl wants to bring former St Mary’s hero Lallana, who will be a free agent when his Liverpool contract runs out at the end of this week, back to fill the gap if Hojbjerg joins either Everton or Tottenham.

Lallana, now 32, left Southampton for Anfield in July 2014 in a £25m deal, and his old club have been plotting to resign the midfielder for months now.

The Saints though face competition from Brighton, Leicester and Burnley, who are all also interested in the England playmaker.

Ralph Hasehuttl, whose side have had an impressive end to the season, will also this summer attempt to make Kyle Walker-Peters’ loan move from Tottenham permanent in a deal that could be worth around £8m, and is close to tying up a £10.5m move for Real Valladolid centre back Mohammed Salisu.

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow (Image: GETTY)

Liverpool £54m miss

Liverpool and Tottenham are set to miss out on Lille’s Victor Osimhen, who will instead join Napoli for around £54million (€60m).

That’s according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano. The Nigerian striker scored 13 goals in Ligue 1 last season and has been tracked by Premier League clubs since October, when he impressed against Chelsea in the Champions League.

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho and Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp are both admirers, Express Sport understands, with the latter having made an enquiry.

But Romano says Osimhen has already signed a long-term contract to move to Serie A and join up with Napoli.

Everton to pull out of £25m deal

Everton have reportedly decided that they may withdraw their offer for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, because they believe he will join Tottenham.

Southampton midfielder Hojbjerg is said to have travelled to Merseyside, where he was given a tour of Everton’s Finch Farm training complex.

Danish kit manufacturer Hummel will also begin their lucrative contract with Everton next season and therefore there is huge marketability in a deal for Hojbjerg.

The player is also believed to have agreed personal terms with Carlo Ancelotti’s side, who have offered the Saints £25million.

Yet now according to The Telegraph, the Toffees are weighing up the prospect of withdrawing their offer for the central midfielder.

That’s because they believe he wants to join Spurs and the north London club are now set to win the race for the 24-year-old.

It remains unclear whether Tottenham are prepared to match Everton’s offer of £25m but the player’s stance on the move appears to have put them in pole position.

Spurs could use full-back Kyle Walker-Peters as part of a deal if they cannot meet Hojbjerg’s valuation in cash.

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow

Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd Jadon Sancho hint, Kai Havertz to Chelsea, £54m Liverpool blow (Image: GETTY)

Man Utd’s Havertz stance

Manchester United have decided they won’t be pursuing a deal for Chelsea transfer target Kai Havertz, according to The Athletic.

The Bayer Leverkusen star is a wanted man ahead of the summer, with the 21-year-old enjoying a terrific Bundesliga campaign.

Havertz scored 12 goals in he league for Leverkusen as they narrowly missed out on a spot in next season’s Champions League, while also registering six assists along the way.

United are reported to have held talks with Havertz about a potential move to Old Trafford, but they’ve decided not to move forward with their interest, with two things influencing their thinking.

The first is that United feel they’re well-stocked through the middle and the second is because any deal for top target Sancho will come at a substantial cost.

Sancho to Man Utd update

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has provided an update on the club’s transfer position – hinting that they will now be forced into paying over their valuation of Jadon Sancho as they continue to negotiate with Borussia Dortmund for the England winger.

The two clubs are well apart as Dortmund hold out for a fee in the region of £115million while senior United officials have made it clear they do not want to part with more than £50m.

A deadline of August 10 has been set for United to get a deal over the line before the German club return for pre-season training.

But Woodward insists he will not be rushed as he is determined to take an “extra cautious” approach to the window – meaning the Sancho saga could rumble on for many months.

“The ongoing disruption from the pandemic – and the economic pressures it has created – has shown why it is so important for football clubs to focus on their financial stability,” Woodward wrote in his programme notes prior to the 1-1 draw with West Ham last night.

“We are fortunate to have a strong and resilient commercial business which has supported long-term investment in our team.

“That will continue, albeit with extra caution in the coming months as we navigate our way through this uncertain period.”





Source link


Clickbank Guide & Tools