Published On: Sat, Jun 20th, 2020

Meghan Markle news: Duchess and Harry’s huge clue they’ll NEVER rejoin Royal Family | Royal | News


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who quit royal duties earlier this year, will no longer use London-based law firm Harbottle & Lewis. Meghan, 38, and Harry, 35, filed documents this week confirming the move.

Their new charitable organisation Archewell will be represented by law firm Fieldfisher.

The change comes despite Harry having used Harbottle & Lewis since he was a teenager.

He is also thought to be close to senior partner Gerrard Tyrrell.

A royal source told the Daily Mail: “It would appear to demonstrate that they have no intention of coming back.

“The choice of lawyers is of great importance to the Royal Household and Gerrard was a useful neutral link man between the Sussexes and the palace.”

A source close to Meghan and Harry added that they were on an “independent path”.

They said: “They wanted to instruct their own lawyers, not those also used by the Royal Family.”

READ MORE: How Meghan Markle and Harry’s plans with Queen ‘up in the air’

The couple had hoped to continue supporting the Queen while earning their own money.

But the idea was deemed unworkable amid fears they would be accused of cashing in on their royal status.

They officially ended royal duties on March 31 for a new life in the US in a move dubbed Megxit.

The arrangements are set to be reviewed in 12 months.

But the Sussexes’ dropping the Royal Family’s lawyers suggests there could be no return.

Meghan and Harry are preparing to launch their new charitable organisation Archewell as they live under lockdown in Beverley Hills.

They were forced to drop their Sussex Royal brand when they stepped back from the monarchy.

However their new Archewell venture has been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.



Source link


Clickbank Guide & Tools