Manchester United have improved their offer for Jadon Sancho to up to £99.6million (€110m), according to transfer expert Ian McGarry. Borussia Dortmund star Sancho is claimed to be “committed” to leaving the Bundesliga club in this transfer window. The England international has remained United’s top target throughout the summer.
Dortmund have maintained they want £108m for Sancho and United are getting closer to that fee.
Earlier this week, reports claimed United had an offer of £91m turned down by Dortmund.
But McGarry says the Old Trafford club have now returned with a new offer.
He claims United are prepared to pay £86m (€95m) up front and a further £13.6m (€15m) in add-ons.
But McGarry says the 20-year-old is still keen on leaving the club before Monday’s deadline.
He added: “Sancho himself, we understand, still remains very much committed to leaving Dortmund, as we’ve reported consistently over the last few weeks and months.
“I’m not going to say there’s no smoke without fire but it’s a huge coincidence that he got struck down by this illness at a time so crucial in the market, and at a time where United have finally been a little bit less obdurate in terms of the way that they’re willing to structure the transfer fee and the way that it’s paid.”
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was asked about the potential of new signings at his press conference on Friday.
“Of course, the transfer window is still open for a while and the club has been working, and they know my view.
“We’re here to strengthen in the long term and I’m not going to say what is acceptable or not for other clubs or teams in this difficult period.
“We’ll tell you when, and if, something happens.”
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here